Opt-In Membership of Visit Moray & Speyside
Becoming an Opt-In Member of Visit Moray & Speyside Limited, a private company limited by guarantee incorporated and registered in Scotland (company number SC578793) and having its registered office at Unit 15, Horizon Building, Forres Enterprise Park, Forres, IV36 2AB (“the Company”) will offer you the opportunity to support the development of tourism in Moray Speyside and give you the right to vote on the Company’s proposals at the Company’s General Meetings, including the Annual General Meeting.
Additional benefits of Opt-In Membership include but are not limited to the opportunity take part in consumer and business-to-business marketing initiatives, to have your business listed on the destination website and to access Member-only training and development events.
Opt-in Membership annual fees (excluding VAT) are as follows:
For organisations with premises having a non-domestic rateable value the annual Opt-In fee is calculated in the same way as for Levy Payers.
|Rateable value||Levy (ex VAT)||Monthly Cost (ex VAT)|
|£2,000 – 4,999||273.75||£22.82|
|£5,000 – 14,999||£365||£30.42|
|£15,000 – 99,999||£730||£60.83|
For individuals or organisations whose businesses do not have a Rateable Value, the annual Opt-in fee is based on their prior year’s turnover as follows:
|Turnover||Levy (ex VAT)||Monthly Cost (ex VAT)|
|Less than £100,000||£273.75||£22.82|
|£100,000 – 500,000||£365||£30.42|
|£500,000 – 999,000||£730||£60.83|
The membership year is from 1st April – 31st March.
Any individual or organisation joining during the year will be charged pro rata per full month.
These annual rates, which cover the 5-year term of the BID are subject to index linking using the Retail Price Index.
If an Opt-in application for Membership is accepted the individual or organisation will be invoiced by the Company for the sum due based on the relevant rateable value or turnover.
- Organisations or individuals applying to become Opt-In Members should ordinarily be headquartered or carry out business operations within the Moray regional boundary
- Applications for Opt-In Membership from organisations or individuals who are not headquartered or carrying out business operations within the Moray regional boundary will be considered on a case-by-case basis
Terms and Conditions for Opt-In Membership of Visit Moray & Speyside Limited, a private company limited by guarantee incorporated and registered in Scotland (company number SC578793) and having its registered office at Unit 15, Horizon Building, Forres Enterprise Park, Forres, IV36 2AB (the Company)
- All Levy Payers are encouraged to apply to become Members and can do so at any time.
- All Members agree to abide by the Articles of Association of the Company.
- No one shall be admitted as a Member unless they support the aims and objects of the Company and wish to take an active part in the support and furtherance thereof and their application for Membership is approved by resolution of the
- Each Member has a limited liability of a maximum of £1 as stated in the Articles of Association under article 3.4.
- A Levy Payer with more than one premises in the BID Area can only have one Membership of the Company.
- No Member shall be entitled to vote at any General Meeting unless all monies then payable to the Company by that Member have been
- All Members must comply with the Company’s equal opportunities policy
The rights and responsibilities of Members are set out in the Articles of Association of the Company, which are available on the Company’s website (www.morayspeyside.com/tourismbid/) and at Companies House.