Since 2014, Moray Speyside Tourism has promoted our region, supported local tourism businesses and represented the region’s tourism industry at national level. During this time, the annual value of tourism to the Moray Speyside economy has grown by almost £30 million and is now worth £130 million per year.
Moray Speyside Tourism has been investigating the potential for a Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID) which would provide funding to continue marketing and promotion of the area beyond 2019.
The TBID represents a blueprint for tourism in Moray Speyside which would be 100% accountable to you, the members. A key element of the TBID is that it would give business a strong voice in the future direction of tourism in the Moray Speyside area.
A Tourism Business Improvement District is a new way of investing in Moray’s tourism industry which could significantly boost visitor numbers. It would see a collective of local businesses invest funds to support the growth and development of the area’s tourism industry, resulting in:
- More Investment in Moray Speyside’s tourism industry
- More UK and International Marketing
- More Support for your business
- A Secure and Sustainable future
You may have heard about these developments or taken part in consultations that included an online survey and local discussions with tourism businesses.
The initial consultations established key priority areas for tourism development in Moray Speyside:
- Marketing the visitor offer was identified as the key priority for a Moray Speyside TBID
- Tourism businesses told us they wanted the TBID to help deliver a better visitor experience
- A collective tourism voice and advocacy were deemed important by tourism businesses
- Tourism businesses told us they wanted help and advice on extending the visitor season and improving the night-time economy, support for Events and Festivals
- Tourism businesses told us they wanted training, advice and support to help deal with digital and online challenges and opportunities
The Tourism Business Improvement District is a blueprint for tourism in Moray Speyside – it would be 100% accountable to you, the members – a key benefit being that it would give your business a strong voice in the future direction of tourism in the Moray Speyside area.
Please take some time to complete our online consultation survey to make sure that you tell us what’s important to you and where you think the Tourism BID should concentrate its work.
Your views are crucial to the creation of the Moray Speyside Tourism BID.
Visit the Tourism Business Improvement District website to find out more.