Visit Moray & Speyside Ltd began its work on 1st April 2020.
The Tourism BID Business Plan focuses on three priority areas, each of which will be delivered by means of a detailed annual activity plan:
Market Moray Speyside nationally and internationally
Marketing of Moray Speyside as a destination to both consumers and the travel trade is crucial. Competition amongst areas is fierce and without the Tourism BID, there will be no organisation dedicated to promoting our region to visitors. The combined resource of the Tourism BID will see more activity than ever before directed towards marketing and promotion of the region.
- Travel Trade activity
- UK and Overseas shows and expos
- Familiarisation trips
- Business Development missions
- Consumer marketing
- Revamped Website
- Working with Bloggers & arranging Press Trips
- Targeted consumer campaigns in Growth Markets, including but not limited to:
- Dark Skies & Northern Lights
- Pet Friendly & Accessible Tourism
- Adventure & Eco Tourism
- Luxury & Experiential
- Heritage & History (i.e. aviation, military)
- Creation and delivery of a major new consumer and trade marketing brand; Malt Whisky Country
Improving the visitor experience – from inspiration to arrival and beyond
The Tourism BID will work to improve the experience of visitors to the area in a range of ways including the introduction of an annual visitor guide, development of a destination ‘App’, provision of funding and support for events and festivals, including the introduction of a region-wide Moray Winter Festival, aimed at attracting visitors out with the main tourist season.
- Improved visitor information online and on the ground
- Production of an annual visitor guide to the region
- Improved visitor signage and interpretation
- Creation of a Moray Speyside Ambassador network
- Delivery of a Moray Speyside Visitor App (w/ booking functionality)
- Extending the visitor season – Dark Skies, Northern Lights
- Short Breaks
- Business Events and Conferences
Supporting your tourism business & our tourism industry
The Tourism BID will work to support your tourism business – building a stronger industry with a comprehensive programme of business support, digital training and advice, the introduction of a tailored Moray Speyside customer service standard and formation of hyper-local tourism networks to ensure every part of Moray Speyside feels the benefit of the Tourism BID.
The Tourism BID will ensure that Moray Speyside’s tourism businesses have a strong, unified voice – representing our industry with local, regional and national agencies and fighting for you and your business interests and lobbying for service and infrastructure improvements.
- Responding to external changes (i.e. the Transient Visitor Levy (tourist tax))
- Representing your views to Scottish Tourism Alliance, VisitScotland, Scottish Government, Moray Council
- Fighting for you and for your business interests on important subjects such as business rates, VAT and Air Passenger Duty (APD)
- Driving collaboration and partnership with neighbouring regions i.e. The North East 250, Inverness Loch Ness
- Lobbying for infrastructure and service improvements i.e. signage, transport, public toilets, cashpoints etc