St Laurence’s Church

Overview

The present St Laurence Church stands on a site which has been used for Christian worship since the middle of the 13th century, when Scots King Alexander III erected a chapel in honour of St Laurence as a memorial to his late wife Margaret. The present building is relatively modern. Its foundation stone was laid on 17th August 1904 and the building was first opened for worship on 28th February 1906, prior to which the congregation worshipped in Cumming Street Church (now Logie’s store).

Getting Here

Get Directions to St Laurence’s Church using Google Maps