Please note that the Glenlivet Distillery shop will open from 28th April.
The Glenlivet Distillery, Scotland sits in a wild and remote glen, its history laced with drama and intrigue. So in every bottle of whisky we make, we capture as much of the spirit of the glen as we can. We invite you to the heart of Scotland’s whisky-making country to explore the turbulent history of the whisky smugglers, delve into the intriguing mysteries of distilling and sample the golden magic that is The Glenlivet.
The following tours are available at this award-winning Brand Home:
- The Glenlivet Classic Tour – This classic tour offers you an introduction to the process of whisky-making. You’ll enjoy a guided walk through our production areas including a visit to one of our traditional warehouses followed by a sampling of three whiskies from our core range. Our founder George Smith believed that The Glenlivet should be made unhurried as time and care created the highest quality and flavoursome whisky. Almost 200 years later, we’re still going slow and steady.
- The Odyssey – This unique experience is designed to help you understand the standards set by our founder George Smith, and how they are upheld every day by our Master Distiller and his team to ensure that we continue to distil only the very best spirit. Includes an in-depth tour, a sample of our new make spirit followed by a selection from our range of other whiskies to comprehend the marriage of the spirit and the wood in creating the definitive whisky.
- The Elements – Explore the natural world of whisky and the raw materials behind The Glenlivet Single Malt. While enjoying breath-taking views of The Glenlivet Valley, guests enjoy the opportunity to get hands on with the barley, water, copper and oak to discover how each material influences the spirit before partaking in a tutored tasting of The Glenlivet New Make and a selection of three single cask exclusive expressions. These whiskies, all cask strength and non-chill filtered, offer guests the chance to examine different flavour profiles and truly understand the art of maturation.
- The Sonic – Unlock the myriad of flavours and aromas within whisky using the power of sound. Join us at The Glenlivet for an exciting tasting experience that will challenge your preconceptions regarding single malt. Through tasting a selection of our single malt expressions, you will discover how your senses can truly interact with whisky and that sound, in particular, has the potential to enhance what we taste.
- The Academy – A rare opportunity to be educated in the story behind Scotch Whisky and The Glenlivet by one of our International Brand Ambassadors on this half day Academy experience. Our Brand Ambassador will lead you through classroom-based talks to educate and enhance your own knowledge alongside premium whisky tastings, distillery and warehouse tours.
We also have an exhibition which gives you a fascinating insight into the history of The Glenlivet , a boutique shop selling a wide range of exclusive whiskies and a whisky bar where you can enjoy all of The Glenlivet range and all the rare and exclusive drams we have to offer.
Roads:- The Glenlivet Distillery is located ten miles from Tomintoul, on the B9008. If you have a SatNav please enter the postcode AB37 9DB.
Getting there by railway:- The nearest train stations are Keith and Aviemore. Unfortunately, there is no public transport that runs past The Glenlivet Distillery.
Getting there by aeroplane:- From Aberdeen Airport go west on A96 towards Inverness. Turn left at Huntly towards Dufftown on B920. Go through Dufftown and take the road towards Tomintoul on B9009. When you reach the junction turn right onto B9008 and follow signs for The Glenlivet Distillery.
We hope to welcome you in the near future. Slàinte!
Get Directions to Glenlivet Distillery using Google Maps