The Visit Moray Speyside office will close for the Christmas break on Christmas Eve at 12pm and will reopen on 4th January 2022.
We can still be contacted on 01309 678 150 throughout the break, and we will continue to provide COVID updates on email and on our social media channels as and when there is something to report.
We hope you all enjoy the happiest Christmas and New Year possible, and we look forward to working with and for you in 2022.
A REMINDER OF UPCOMING RESTRICTIONS AND GUIDANCE
From 26 December, for up to three weeks, there will be a limit on the size of live public events in Scotland.
This will mean sports such as football matches will have to take place without spectators and large-scale Hogmanay celebrations will be cancelled.
The limits to size are:
- 100 people at indoor standing events
- 200 people at indoor seating events
- 500 people at outdoor events (seated or standing)
This does not apply to private life events such as weddings
From 05:00 on 27 December there will be a requirement for one metre physical distancing between adults in all indoor hospitality and leisure settings, including:
- pubs, bars, restaurants, cafes and other settings where food and drink is served for consumption on-site
- leisure settings including gyms, theatres, cinemas, bingo and snooker halls and bowling alleys
- museums, galleries and other visitor attractions
- Access Tourism and Hospitality Guidance
- Specific Guidance for Tourist Accommodation
- Use one of the Check-in Systems
- Access supporting documentation (Test & Protect / Posters etc)
- Download Scottish Government ‘Living Safely’ Stakeholder Toolkit
- Visit Scottish Government website for updated guidance (general for businesses and employers)
- Checklist for Retail Businesses – HERE
DECEMBER AND JANUARY BUSINESS SUPPORT TOP UP
This fund will provide support to businesses in the hospitality sector who have lost crucial bookings during this key trading period where they are registered as one of the following:
- public houses
- other licensed premises classed as hospitality
- hotels with bars and restaurants
The rateable value of the property is as per local authority records at 1 November 2021.
The grant is a one-off payment at the rate of:
- £4,500 for premises which have a rateable value of up to and including £51,000, or
- £6,800 for premises have a rateable value of £51,001 or above
Businesses must be actively trading and be able to demonstrate they were on 8 December 2021.
Local authorities will contact businesses they have previously made payments to through the Strategic Framework Business Fund.
For any new businesses who may have become eligible since the previous Strategic Framework grants were delivered in January 2021, a separate application process will be set-up in January 2022.
Payments will be made within 14 working days of receiving an application where eligibility has been established from the data provided.
Information will be published on the Moray Council website (go to Money, Business and Council Housing, then click ‘Strategic Framework Business Fund)