Check & Protect from Visit Moray Speyside and Moray Chamber of Commerce is a free web-based platform which provides businesses in Moray Speyside a simple, secure and efficient way of recording customer contact details in line with the Scottish Government regulations – including recording the details of every individual in a party.
For visitors and customers – they can check-in securely and easily to any of around 100 participating venues using their mobile phone.
Sit-down hospitality MUST have a system of recording patron details.
The Scot Gov check-in Scotland app is one way, the Moray Speyside Check & Protect platform is another.
Accommodation only businesses, i.e self-catering are not required to record details (it is assumed they will know who their guests are from booking data)
Why Use Moray Speyside Check & Protect?
- MSC&P is web-based platform which enables customers to check in to any one of almost 100 participating venues using their mobile phone.
- MSC&P offers businesses a secure and easy way to record customer contact details
- Businesses do not have the worry of GDPR as the system is operated by VMSLTD and the data is being held by us, not the business
- Customer check-in information is held for 21 days before being deleted
- If a business needs to access their information for the purpose of sending to NHS Track & Trace they fill in and submit a simple form
- Businesses must record the details of anyone enjoying ‘sit down’ hospitality – this is EVERYONE in the party over 12 years of age
- Businesses can check-in users who do not have a mobile phone or do not wish to use the system using their business dashboard – as is required by SG guidelines – the SG ‘Check-in Scotland App’ does not permit this so the business will still need a second system
- If a user forgets to log-out, the system will automatically log them out 12 hours later, or, when they log-in to somewhere else
For visitors / guests who do not have a mobile phone, Check & Protect allows businesses to manually record guest details.
The Scottish Government ‘Trace & Protect’ app does not currently offer this function.
The Trace & Protect app and the Check-in Scotland app are not connected to each other.
Check & Protect allows guests to check in to all venues that use the system, without having to enter their contact details every time.
You just register your details once with Moray Speyside Check & Protect, then each time to arrive at a participating venue, you simply scan the business’ unique QR code.
Check & Protect will record the time of your arrival, and will allow you to record the size of your party. You can also then ‘check-out’ of the venue when you leave from within the Check & Protect platform.
What if I forget to Check Out?
Don’t worry – you can check out using the platform even after you’ve left the venue, and the system will automatically check you out after 12 hours.
I am an Individual – How Do I Sign Up?
It’s easy and quick to register for Moray Speyside Check & Protect! You can either wait until you arrive at a participating venue and simply scan the QR code at the venue (this will ask you to create a personal account using your mobile phone number) or you can follow this link to the Check & Protect Sign-up page.
I Run a Business – How Do I Sign Up?
To sign-up as a business, you simply follow this link which will take you to the Business Sign-up page. From there, you will be asked to create a personal account, then a business account.
PLEASE NOTE – BUSINESS SIGN-UP MUST BE COMPLETED ON A DESKTOP PC / MAC OR TABLET – YOU CAN NOT SIGN UP AS A BUSINESS FROM YOUR MOBILE PHONE
Is this Secure?
Yes. All data is stored remotely, on secure servers and in-line with GDPR Guidelines, by Visit Moray & Speyside Limited (VMS). Visit Moray & Speyside Limited (VMS) is the Tourism Business Improvement District company for the Moray region.
What will we do with your data?
Check in data will be stored securely for 21 days then auto deleted.
If a business requires data for NHS Scotland Test and Protect this must be requested from VMS and will be sent directly to NHS Scotland Test and Protect or the Local Authority.
Will you send me spam emails?
No, patron data is held expressly for the purpose of adhering to the guidance. Visit Moray Speyside do not hold your data for marketing purposes.